Avoca Fc Women’s Div 1 is seeking players to join their young and talented teams for 2018 season and beyond.
For more information please contact:
Sam Panetta 0438824457
Gabby Bowles 0411175211
A great article on 442's website by Adrian Deans from the Avoca 45's
I'd like to welcome you to season 2018 and start by introducing myself. My name is Justine and this will be my first year as President of Avoca FC. I’m extremely proud to be this clubs first female president, and I’m sure not the last as we have a very dynamic and strong history of women’s football in our club.
I’ve been involved with the club now for around 12 years, 8 on the committee as Equipment Manager so I’m sure my face is familiar to most of you. It’s a daunting task following Mark Norris, our previous President, but I’m surrounded by a very passionate committee, most familiar faces, and some fantastic new ones who will help me guide the Avoca FC ship this year.
I’d like to thank our previous President of 5 years Mark Norris, I’m very humbled to be following in his footsteps as he has left very big shoes to fill. Mark has been an outstanding leader in our club, and will continue to play a role behind the scenes.
As a club we manage to grow, season after season, and I know this is because we are well run and well organised and I’m sure this will continue, although we are always looking for more help and new faces to help us carry on this way. We are a huge club, 3rd biggest on the coast and as such need a strong group of helpers and volunteers. This doesn’t mean you have to take up a committee position, but may just mean a few hours throughout the season to help in small ways. Please contact us if you think you can contribute. We are nothing without the help of volunteers.
See below schedule for our Men’s Premier League Squad.
Players interested in joining our squad are encouraged to contact Head Coach Shane Knight on 0408 289 829; Reserve Grade Coach Chris Bellingham on 0412 161 061 or Squad Manager Ray Collins on 0488 784 404.
• Sun 14 Jan – 4pm, Shark Tower Avoca Beach
• Sun 21 Jan – 4pm, Tumbi High School, no boots
• Tues 23 Jan – 6pm, Tumbi High School, no boots
• Thurs 25 Jan – 6pm, Tumbi High School, no boots
• Sun 28 Jan – 9am, Avoca Shark Tower
• Tues 30 Jan – 6pm, Tumbi High School, no boots
• Thurs 1 Feb – 6pm, Tumbi High School, no boots
• Sun 4 Feb – 9am, Avoca Shark Tower
• Tues 6 Feb – 6pm, Tumbi High School, no boots
• Thurs 8 Feb – 6pm, Tumbi High School, no boots
• Sun 11 Feb – Trials v Ourimbah @ Pluim #3, 10am, 12pm, 2pm
• Tues 13 Feb – 7pm to 9pm, Pluim #2
• Thur 15 Feb - 6:30-8:00pm 1st grade Soccer 5’s. 2nd and 3rd grade Avoca Shark Tower (6pm).
• Sat 17 Feb – 5pm to 7pm, Pluim #1
• Tues 20 Feb – 7pm to 9pm, Pluim TF
• Thurs 22 Feb - 6:30-8:00pm 1st and 2nd grade Soccer 5’s. 3rd grade Avoca Shark Tower (6pm).
• Sat 24 Feb – 5pm to 7pm, Pluim #3
• Tues 27 Feb – 7pm to 9pm, Pluim #3
• Thurs 1 March - 6:30-8:00pm Soccer 5’s all grades.
• Sat 3 March – Trials v Belmont Swansea, ground and times TBC
• Tues 6 March – 7pm to 9pm, Pluim #2
• Fri 9 March – 7pm to 9pm, Pluim #2
• Tues 13 March – 7pm to 9pm, Pluim TF
• Thur TBC
• BPL Round 1 – weekend 16, 17 & 18 March; day, time and venue TBC
• Tues 20 March – 7pm to 9pm, Pluim #3
• Training venues TBC
• BPL Round 2 – weekend 24 & 25 March; day, time and venue TBC
• BPL Round 3 – Easter weekend 1 & 2 April; day, time and venue TBC
• Training from 3 April Tuesdays & Thursdays 7pm, venues TBC
Playing soccer in 2018 ? The NSW Government $100 Active Kids Rebate will be available for eligible activities from 31 January 2018 for children aged 4.5 years – 18 years.
To use the rebate for your soccer registration you must apply for your rebate voucher and unique code at Service NSW BEFORE registering - whether online or in person.
Extract from the government guidelines
How to apply for and redeem vouchers. There are four simple steps:
1. Visit sport.nsw.gov.au/activekids. Read the Guidelines and Fact Sheets to learn about the program.
2. Visit service.nsw.gov.au and create or login to your MyServiceNSW Account.
3. Complete an Active Kids application through your MyServiceNSW Account. You will receive a voucher with a unique ID number for each child you register (available to download, print and email).
4. Redeem your voucher: log onto My Football Club to register and enter the voucher ID number.
This is the only way to claim your discount. The club WILL NOT be offering cash refunds. We have no way to facilitate this.
Avoca FC registration (for under 18s) will open online at www.myfootballclub.com.au on 31 January 2018. All those over 18, seniors and veterans can register from 1st Jan.
Face-to-face registration and information days will be held on Saturday, 3 and Saturday, 10 February 2018 at Avoca Beach Hotel and Resort (more details to follow).
Further details will be posted on the website and our Facebook page as soon as possible.
Please support our major sponsor, our club and yourself by downloading the Avoca Beach Hotel & Resort FREE APP. The benefits are huge. A free drink every week, free garlic bread and special deals and discounts all the time on meals and drinks.
1. Visit your app store and download.
2.Select become a member and follow steps.
3.THEN... at the bottom of the home page select join another
club. Enter code ABFC17.
4. CONGRATULATIONS.. you are now a member of the exclusive Avoca FC club on the app and all the extra benefits that brings.